This EIFS—Doing It Right® category is for those who want to learn more about proper EIFS application and inspection techniques, methods and procedures to better perform their job. The overview of the process is helpful for those who have not experienced the varied aspects of EIFS construction.
Those in the EIFS delivery system who want to learn other aspects of EIFS to supplement their areas of expertise and to reinforce and expand their knowledge base, including EIFS distributor and manufacturer personnel, contractor supervisory personnel, estimators, design professionals, engineers and industry educators.
Three Pre-Qualifications for Acceptance
Those who meet the following criteria may apply for the EIFS Industry Professionals' category:
- Ability to read blueprints.
- High school diploma, GED or higher.
- Have one of the following:
- Three or more years of experience as an EIFS distributor, manufacturer or EIFS contractor, OR
- Five or more years of related general construction experience, OR
- Two or more years of experience as an apprenticeship instructor in an EIFS-related trade, OR
- Architecture, engineering or EIT credentials.
- Five-year certificate upon passing the exam.
- Learn the common elements of materials and techniques.
- Understand EIFS properties and application techniques important for consideration during the design process.
- Learn or relearn application techniques that work and those that don't and their consequences.
- Reduced exposure and liability.
- Improved EIFS insurance negotiations.
- Enhanced competitive advantage.
- Learn the differences among system types.
- Network with various levels of the EIFS delivery chain.
- Installers may be eligible for the EIFSmart Contractor Seal.
« EIFS Site Map