EIFS—Doing It Right® instruction covers the essential knowledge and techniques for correct EIFS installations and proper inspections. The content is based on industry accepted standards and best practices and is updated as the industry changes. The focus and basis of the instruction are the class PB systems, both barrier and drainage, with an overview of class PI systems, direct applied exterior finish systems (DEFS) and acrylic finish over portland cement plaster (stucco).
- Industry Standards and Specifications
- Material Storage and Temporary Protection
- Substrates and Efflorescence
- EIFS with Drainage and Flashing
- EPS Boards, Mesh, Base Coat and Finish Coat
- Adhesive and Mechanical Attachment
- Joints, Sealants and Repairs
- Inspection: Philosophy, Scheduling & Methodology, Reports
- Design Considerations
Construction Market Segments
The program is geared to EIFS applications for new commercial construction. The instruction does not include inspection of existing residential construction or forensic material.
- Competitive Advantage
- Fewer Callbacks
- Improve EIFS Insurance Negotiations
- Better Quality of Work
- Save on Management Time
- Eligible for the EIFSmart Contractor Seal
Did You Know?
- The instructors were chosen based on the breadth of their experience and the depth of their knowledge.
- The IRS allows an income tax deduction for educational expenses, cost of travel, meals and lodging if the purpose is to maintain or improve skills required for employment, trade or business.
- AWCI will bring the education and certificate program to the location and date you choose if you have a group. This option may reduce the registration fees. It certainly will reduce travel and lodging costs. Call Annemarie Selvitelli at (703) 538-1608 and ask about the "By-Request" option.
- You can promote your company during an EIFS program. Contact Annemarie Selvitelli at (703) 538-1608 to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
Click here for tips to help you plan your travel to the EIFS program.
« EIFS Site Map