The seminar is two days starting at 8 a.m. and ending at 5 p.m.
The course instructors are industry experts with backgrounds in steel and engineering. They interact with attendees by using real-life scenarios, slides and graphic animation to portray the range of material.
This is not a certification program; however, each seminar participant will receive a certificate of attendance. Attending engineers are eligible for 12 Professional Development hours, and 12 LU hours are available for AIA credit via the "Self-Report" option.
Who Should Attend
The seminar is aimed at owners, project managers, estimators, superintendents and foremen as well as architects and code officials.
You'll Take with You
- A handbook with instruction points that also serves as a reference resource or as a training guide for fellow employees
- Code of Standard Practice for the CFS industry
- Issue papers
- Steel Stud Manufacturers Association Product Technical Information Catalog
- Classroom instruction presented by experts
- Estimating exercise
- Opportunity to visit with tabletop exhibitors
- Continental breakfasts, refreshment breaks and network luncheons.
- Competitive advantage
- Increased production
- Better estimating
- Better poject management
- Better quality control
Cost to Attend
AWCI/SFA member/Architect/Inspector/Code Official
For comparison of instructor-led seminar and the self-study format, click here.