Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, disruptions to the shipping chain may occur and your order delivery may be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
AWCI’s Industry Leaders Conference On-demand
for AWCI Members (16% off list cost)
AWCI’s Virtual Industry Leaders Conference provided attendees with outstanding presenters who shared thought-provoking content that industry stakeholders can use to navigate the current economic environment and improve their companies.
Access all of the content from this year’s virtual event on-demand through Thursday, December 31, 2020!
Take advantage to view all of the learning content while there is still time.
Once your registration is processed, you will receive a detailed email with instructions for accessing the recordings and handouts. You will usually hear from us within 24 hours.
Summary of sessions.
1. Anthony Huey from Reputation Management Associates discusses communicating and preserving your company’s reputation during a crisis.
2. Jerry Ouimet from Cobb, Strecker, Dunphy and Zimmerman helps us understand how critical it is to engage with our colleagues and to recognize the signs of mental and emotional stress that could lead to self-harm. Jerry shares that we are 5 times more likely to have a Suicide in our industry versus all other construction fatalities combined.
3. Cynthia Paul and Rick Tison from FMI talk about surviving, and even thriving, in this once-in-a-lifetime environment. They stress that now is the time to act to ensure the survival of your business. Plan for a downturn in work over the next year and increased competition for jobs across the board.
4. Cecily Bee and Robin Kavanagh from Performance Contracting Group gave us some excellent insight into PCI’s diversity and inclusion program. Diversity and inclusion is most effective with consistent messaging and continuous action. It consists both large-scale initiative and small-scale changes. Giving employees quick tips and tools to incorporate diversity and inclusion into their day-to-day lives is powerful.
5. Steve Jones from Dodge Data and Analytics to discuss the industry’s outlook both short- and long-term. While the industry is on the road to recovery, Steve addresses current risks and highlights opportunities for contractors to recover and build business.
6. Jay Snyder from FMI helps demystify the complex and often-confusing world of construction data analytics, and how we can better employ key data points in both our decision-making and leadership processes.
7. Ron Ciotti from Hinckley Allen provides tips on how to mitigate the risk that increases in material costs pose to our bottom lines.
8. Kelly Riggs from the Business Locker Room talks about gaining a competitive advantage in an increasingly crowded marketplace by communicating the value and uniqueness of what you do.
9. A panel discussion with Jason Anderson of MKB Construction and Kapture Prefab, Steve Eckstrom of California Drywall and Jim McCullough of F.L. Crane & Sons, Inc. about the costs—and profits—involved in prefabrication projects.
10. Three distinguished safety and regulatory panelists discuss the ongoing effects of COVID-19 on construction safety and health, and the importance of remaining focused on the long-term journey towards world-class culture and performance. Panelists were Edwin G. Foulke, Jr., Partner, Fisher Phillips, and Former Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mike Fredebeil, CSP, Senior Vice President, Construction Safety and Risk Control Leader, Willis Towers Watson and Jorge Vasquez, Corporate Safety Director, MAREK.Item # 340