AWCI is a proud advocate of Construction Safety Week. This industry-wide effort was initially started in 2014 when more than 40 national and global construction firms comprising the Construction Industry Safety Initiative group and the Incident and Injury Free CEO Forum joined forces with a single aim: to inspire everyone in the industry to be leaders in safety.
In 2016, Safety Week was more formally branded and started to take shape as the fully integrated annual campaign with a growing number of members and sponsors that exists today. Construction Safety Week continues to focus on its original mission of:
- Thanking workers for supporting safety and recognizing their efforts to be injury-free.
- Increasing awareness of the importance of being committed to safety, every day.
- Encouraging everyone to share best practices and to work together to strengthen the industry’s safety culture.
- Conducting on-site safety awareness activities to support education.
Construction Safety Week 2021 Resources
- Construction Safety Week - Schedule of Events
- Daily Toolbox Talks
- Monday, May 3 - Sidewalks: Hidden Hazards (OCP Contractors, Inc.; Holland, OH)
- Tuesday, May 4 - What's Your Safety Why? (Performance Contracting Group; Lenexa, KS)
- Wednesday, May 5 - Safety in the Digital Age (MAREK; Houston, TX)
- Thursday, May 6 - Basic Fall Protection Knowledge (Associated Drywall Partners, Inc.; Indianapolis, IN)
- Friday, May 7 - Thank You (AWCI & the Construction Safety Week Coalition)
- Safety Moments
- Safe At Home